Last week I was tagged for the Liebster Award:
Thank you Dean, from The Write Time, for thinking of me.
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules are as follows:
"1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all--have bloggity-blog fun!"
I love to pass on blogging love, I follow so many great people. Combing through my blog lists I find a slight problem:
a) The blogger's already been awarded or tagged.
b) Most blogs have too many followers to qualify--which is awesome, they're getting blog reader love already.
c) I have no way of knowing how many follwers they have.
So based on educated guessing and how often they blog, I have five blogs to mention and I hope they forgive me if they do have more followers than the requirement.
1. Questions and Archtypes. A great writer, great critiquer, and she has some straight-to-the-point things to say on her blog. I expect to see her published soon.
2. Darke Conteur. This is an amazing woman. She knows a lot about the industry and while I can't see how many actual followers she has, the comment numbers are surprisingly low. I have to draw attention to her blog. Darke has blog-day themes and is one of the warmest, most helpful writers it's been my privilege to know.
3. Write Away. Again, I have no way to tell how many followers she has but I think she deserves some extra attention. Her blog holds interviews, talks about writing from a useful point of view, and this writer has an amazing imagination when it comes to actual writing.
4. In the Jungle. I love this blog! It may be purely subjective on my part and the tendency to not want to let go of my teen years completely but the YA perspective is fresh and fun. She blogs about being a teen and about writing, often from angles I have never considered before. This is another talented writer I expect to see published soon.
5. Belief Suspenders. I love what she's doing with her blog, especially the vlogs on writing and breaking down the myths behind much-loved trophes and cliches. She also provides links to online contests for writers. She has a powerful imagination as a writer.
Congratulations! Thank you for making the time I spend reading blogs fun and enriching and I hope my followers jump on board and follow you as well.