Consider this one an instant writing prompt source that can be used over and over and over and over…
- Write down the first setting that comes to mind.
- Write down the names of three things.
- Pick a conflict that has nothing to do with anything in either 1 or 2. This can be emotional, physical, a war, a natural disaster. Big or small, it doesn’t matter.
- Write down the name of an idea. This can be any concept or emotion.
- Pick either an animal or a plant.
- Pick an occupation. It can be a hobby or a profession from any time period or dimension.
Now write a scene using all of these things together. See what crazy or inspired ideas get flowing in your head. Have fun with it.
Do you have a writing warm-up or writing block breaker you use a lot? Share your method in the comments.