This month marks the one-year anniversary of Yesternight's Voyage. Thanks for reading and sharing your comments and experiences.
To kick-off the festivities (there will be more than one special feature this month) I'd like to begin with a game of Speculative Blog Tag.
The rules are as follows:
1) Answer the questions on your own blog.
2) Tag three other speculative fiction blog writers to participate.
3) Each participant needs to link their blogpost with their answers back to Yesternight's Voyage.
4) Leave a comment in the original post (on Yesternight's Voyage) as to why you love, write, or read speculative fiction and a link to your blog.
5) Stay tuned to Yesternight's Voyage this month for a mad treasure hunt (later on) that will connect all the participating blogs.
6) Make sure you post these rules on your blog when participating.
7) Please note that the blogging part of the treasure hunt will only run between March 6th - 19th. So have your answers posted by then. If you are posting your answers on the 18th or 19th, don't worry about tagging anyone new.
Feel up to a little tricky fun?
Here we go!
1) Who are your favorite speculative fiction writers?
2) Write a two or three sentence writing prompt to inspire your readers today. (Encourage them to post their responses in your comments section.)
3) List three favorite industry blogs/websites that you've found helpful.
4) Give us the low-down on your main character (or one of your main characters) in the story you're working on right now, regardless if it's finished or not. Describe his/her personality, situation, and what his/her biggest problem/obstacle is.
5) What are your favorite speculative fiction movies from the last five years?
6) If you were suddenly thrown into another world where magic existed, what is something from the real world you'd want to take with you? (Limitations apply on energy sources and such.)
7) List the first type of these things you think of:
c) made-up name:
d) an adjective:
So to get things going, I'm going to tag the following three bloggers:
1) Dean C. Rich
2) Dawn G. Sparrow
3) E.F. Jace
You'll get my answers to the questions when I launch the treasure hunt. Good luck and have fun with it!
Everyone else, keep checking back whether you blog or not. Everyone can participate in the treasure hunt part.